Shark week is coming this July. I just love Shark Week and what better to have while watching is Shark Week Popcorn. Made with blue gummy sharks, Swedish fish, gummy rings, and drizzled with Ghirardelli’s white chocolate.
We love to watch Shark Week on Discovery Plus. This allows us to make a bunch of shark food items every day and enjoy the content that’s on.
Mostly, we like to talk about the facts. We also discuss whether or not you would get in a glass box with a Great White Shark looking directly at you. Would you get in the box?
I think I probably would say no way then end up doing it. What part of Shark Week do you enjoy? I loved when they brought Josh Gates on last year.
To make this Shark Week Popcorn we will need popcorn, Swedish fish, gummy sharks, gummy rings, red and blue sprinkles, and Ghirardelli’s white chocolate candy wafers.
Where To Find The Candy
I use Ghirardelli’s white chocolate candy wafers for the drizzle over the popcorn. The gummy sharks can be found at Target. The gummy rings in red and blue I found at a local candy shop. Swedish fish I found also at Target.
Pop the popcorn as directed on the bag. Start adding the Swedish fish and gummy sharks. I like to place them apart from each other so you get a good mix when you add it to a bowl.
Once the gummy sharks, gummy rings, and Swedish fish are added it is time to melt the chocolate. Melt the Ghirardelli’s white chocolate candy wafers as directed on the package.
Drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn then sprinkle well with red and blue sprinkles. This is so fun and great for shark parties as well.
Let the chocolate drizzle dry before adding it to a bowl. Place in a bowl as serve up for a bowl of shark fun. This is great for gatherings as a snack as well.
Place it in blue popcorn bowls or boxes. Add a shark sticker to the front for plenty of shark cuteness.
We have a few other shark recipes here. Check out the list below for more shark fun to make at home during Shark Week.
Shark Week Recipes:
Shark Week Popcorn
- 1 cup gummy sharks
- 1 cup Swedish fish
- 1 cup blue and red gummy rings
- 1 package popcorn
- 1 1/2 cup Ghirardelli’s white chocolate candy wafers
- Red sprinkles for topping
- Blue sprinkles for topping
- Pop the popcorn as directed on the package. Place on a tray with parchment paper once popped.
- Add gummy sharks and Swedish fish to the popcorn. Add in gummy rings in red and blue.
- Melt the Ghirardelli's white chocolates candy wafers as directed on the bag. Drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and let the chocolate cool. Place the popcorn mixture in a bowl and serve.