Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots are perfect for any fall or Halloween party. The perfect sweet appetizer that can be served up with or without alcohol. Great for a Thanksgiving appetizer as well. Wow your guests with this pumpkin seasonal treat.
Totally simple to put together. I got the taller Jello shot cups from party city. Most of what goes in this dessert is simple ingredients like pumpkin puree, instant Jello pudding mix, and milk. Making this a very budget friendly appetizer to serve up.
All About The Pumpkin
My first tip is to buy the large can of pumpkin puree. This just makes more shots and will go further when having a party. However, if you have an instant pot you can make your own puree in this tutorial for instant pumpkin puree.
Nutmeg can surely be added to these but for nut allergies I generally leave it out. I use a little clove and a good amount of cinnamon in these pumpkin pie pudding shots. I also use bailey’s Irish cream in them when it’s an all adult party.
However, you can certainly make some half and half. Just mix the main ingredients then half the amount and mix in the bailey’s. I like to mark the pumpkin shots with cute tags to let them know which is which at my parties.
I whisk it in with my oxo whisk that I love to use. Then let it set for about five minutes. Setting the pudding means that it will thicken as it sets. I just whisk it up again after it sets. This is when I add the 1 ounce of bailey’s Irish cream.
It’s not a shot that will get you drunk it’s more a fun dessert. Perfect for bring to Halloween parties, Thanksgiving gatherings, Friendsgiving, and any fun fall get together.
I just love pumpkin spice season! If you like it just as much as I do I have listed a few more pumpkin recipes below.
Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Ginger Snap Ice Cream
- Cloudy Pumpkin Patch Cocktail
- Pumpkin Latte Popsicles
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili
Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots
- 5.1 oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 12 graham crackers
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; and more for topping the shots
- 1/3 teaspoon clove
- 3 cups milk
- whipped topping for topping
- 1 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Whisk together instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups milk. Let set for 5 minutes until it becomes thick in texture. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and clove. If you would like to make these with alcohol add 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish cream to the mix.
- Fill the shot cups with the pumpkin mix. Top with whipped topping.
- Drizzle with cinnamon and top off with a graham cracker.