Mardi Gras Jello Shots layered with island pineapple and layers of sweetened condensed milk. Make the jello shots with or without rum. Great for Fat Tuesday celebrations.
Layered jello shots with green, purple, and yellow. Made with Knox gelatin, sweetened condensed milk, and island pineapple jello. Perfect for Mardi Gras celebrations.
Starting with the first layer, boil sweetened condensed milk and water together. Add island pineapple jello to the hot water and whisk well. If you want to add rum add a half cup of rum and a half cup cold water.
These Fat Tuesday jello shots do not have to have alcohol in them. The jello shots can be made with out the alcohol and used as dessert jello cups.
Pour the yellow jello into jello shot cups one third of the way up. If using 5.5 oz this will make seven cups. If doing the smaller 2.2 oz size it will make about fourteen small cups.
For the second green layer boil the water and sweetened condensed milk. Use clear Knox gelatin and green food gel for this layer. This green layer will be a creamy layer without much flavor.
Jello Shot Flavors
Pour the green layer in over the yellow layer after the yellow jello layer has set completely. The yellow island pineapple layer will be the flavor and the green and purple layers will be creamy sweet.
Lastly, the purple layer is mixed with clear knox gelatin and purple food gel. The sweetened condensed milk adds a creamy, vibrant color to the jello shots.
Pour the purple layer into the cups and place in the fridge for another two hours or until set. Once the layers are solid top with whipped topping and sanding sugar. Do this when it’s time to serve the shots.
Store And Make Ahead
Store the jello in the fridge for up to week ahead. Don’t put whipped topping on until ready to serve. Make these ahead with or without alcohol.
Variations can be made with yellow, orange, and white for candy corn jello shots. Additionally, the colors and flavors easily change up to match any holiday celebration.
Fat Tuesday is the end of Mardi Gras. These purple, green, and yellow jello shots is the perfect dessert or drink dessert to serve up. Just remember to please drink responsibly.
Fancy jello shot recipes are fun to make for parties. Dessert jello cups are great to serve up as well as a dinner end delight. Check out a few other jello shot recipes we have below.
Jello Shot Recipes:
- July 4th Stained Glass Jello Shots
- Shark Beach Jello Shots
- Strawberry Champagne Jello Shots
- Halloween Movie Pumpkin Jello Shots
Mardi Gras Jello Shots
- 2 envelopes clear Knox gelatin
- 3 oz. box island pineapple jello
- 6 cups water
- 2 drops purple food gel
- 4 drops lime green food gel
- 1 tablespoon purple sanding sugar
- 1 tablespoon green sanding sugar
- 1 tablespoon gold sanding sugar
- 6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- whipped topping for topping
- For the first yellow layer. Boil one cup water with two tablespoons sweetened condensed milk. Mix in island pineapple gelatin mix into the boiling water. Whisk well. Add one cup cold water. If adding in rum use 1/2 cup rum and 1/2 cup water. Whisk well.
- Pour yellow layer to 1/3 of the cup. Place a lid on top of the jello shot cups and pop into the fridge for two hours or until set.
- For the second green layer. Boil one cup water with two tablespoons sweetened condensed milk. Mix in one envelope clear gelatin Knox into the hot water and whisk well. Add in 4 drops lime green food gel and one cup cold water. Whisk well.
- Pour green layer into the next 1/3 of the jello shot cup on top of the yellow layer. Pop into the fridge for two hours or until set.
- For the last purple layer. Boil one cup water with two tablespoons sweetened condensed milk. Mix in one envelope clear gelatin Knox into the hot water and whisk well. Add in 2 drops purple food gel and one cup cold water. Whisk well.
- Pour purple layer into the last 1/3 of the jello shot cup on top of the green layer. Pop into the fridge for two hours or until set.
- When ready to serve top with whipped topping, purple, green, and gold sanding sugars.