Apple pie cream cheese braid is very simply made with apple pie filling and puff pastry. Fantastic for a dessert to serve at a potluck. Great for the holidays as an after dinner dessert or breakfast with coffee.
What I love about this puff pastry braid is that it is so simple to make. Just one can of apple pie filling, a sheet of puff pastry, cream cheese, and egg.
Start with bringing the puff pastry to room temperature. This helps the puff pastry become flakey when it cooks. It also helps roll out the lines in the dough.
After rolling the dough out cut diagonal lines into each side of the dough for braiding. I try to keep the cuts about the same size as I cut up the puff pastry.
Once the cream cheese is spread into the center of the dough it’s time to add the apples. Add a can of apple pie filling into the center over the top of the cream cheese.
Now criss cross the dough over each other going from top to bottom. Fold in the bottom. I like to make sure it’s snug then I leave on end open.
Take an egg and whisk it well. Then with a pastry brush, brush the outside of the puff pastry dough well. This will allow it to brown and crisp up more. It adds a nice color to the pastry.
Bake the puff pastry until a golden color. Then pull it out and serve it warm. I like to do this with a side of hot tea. This apple pie cream cheese braid is fantastic for Fall.
This apple puff pastry is wonderful for Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast. Comes out lovely for dessert or tea time with friends. Serve it up with some hot chocolate in the winter.
Delicious Apple Recipes:
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 10 oz can apple pie filling
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Let puff pastry come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a cutting board or pastry board add flour. Roll the puff pastry sheet out to get the lines out.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. With a knife or pizza cutter cut lines on each side of the dough.
- Spread cream cheese down the middle. Fill with apple pie filling. Criss cross the dough over the filling.
- Whisk an egg and brush over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden light brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://www.mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/