It’s the season for all things pumpkin spice. What better than a warm pumpkin hot chocolate. Perfect to sip on in chilly Fall weather. Topped with whipped topping and pumpkin spice.
Pretty simple to make with just a few ingredients. Ghirardelli’s white chocolate melting wafers, pumpkin puree, milk, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and whipped topping.
This is easily made on the stove top. Pour milk into a sauce pan. Be sure to watch it carefully. Put the white chocolates, pumpkin puree, and sugar into the pot.
The trick here is to make sure the chocolates don’t stick to the bottom. Whisk often and be sure not to burn the hot chocolate. Whisking helps melt the white chocolate melting wafers as well.
Once it comes to a boil then lower heat immediately. Stir well until all chocolate is melted and pumpkin is dissolved. Then pour into the best pumpkin hot chocolate mug that you own.
After adding the pumpkin chocolate to the cup top it with whipped topping. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice then top it with cinnamon.
This can also be made in a crockpot on low. Add the ingredients to the crockpot and whisk every now and again until it’s all melted. Serve up the hot chocolate just the same.
This pumpkin drink can also be made in the instant pot. I will have that version coming soon. Check out a few other pumpkin recipes we love below.
Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- 5 cups milk
- 20 white chocolate Ghirardelli’s melting wafers
- 6 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoon sugar more if you want it sweeter
- whipped topping for topping
- pumpkin pie spice for topping
- Pour milk into a sauce pan. Add in pumpkin, sugar, and white chocolate wafers.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking. Be sure not to burn it.
- Once the chocolates are melted pour into a cup.
- Add whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice. Serve warm!