Valentine’s Day pretzel rods is a sweet and salty treat fun for gifting. Dipped pretzel rods in pink and black candy melts with confetti sprinkles. Add some pink to a charcuterie board with these pink pretzels.
Fun to decorate with the entire family for Valentine’s Day gifting. Make them just a day ahead. Pretzels can go stale pretty quickly after being opened. This is a salty treat perfect for snacking as well.
Making these valentine’s pretzels is simple with a few ingredients. You’ll need pink candy melts, black candy melts, confetti sprinkles, heart sprinkles, and pretzel rods. I also used black sanding sugar sprinkles as well.
Melt the black candy melts as directed on the package, Brands do vary but I prefer sweet tooth fairy. I use defrost mode with the directions which is also known as 50 percent power.
Melt the pink candy melts as well. Using a spoon coat the end of the pretzel rod well while rotating the pretzel rod. Tap lightly to get off excess candy melts. Place onto parchment paper.
Before the candy melts dry add the sprinkles to the black pretzel rods. Add the heart sprinkles to the pink pretzel rods. Add black sanding sugar to the pink pretzel rods then let dry.
Storing Pretzel Rods
It’s best to place these dipped pretzels into a plastic ziplock bag or into a container that can be sealed. This will keep the pretzels fresh longer. I usually make the pretzel dipped rods a day before or the day of that I plan to serve them.
These pretzels can be dipped in so many colors. Make pretzels for New Year’s Eve, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day and even Easter pretzel rods. So many ways to switch the sticks up for holidays or parties.
Pop these Valentine’s Day pretzel rods onto a charcuterie board. It could be a dessert board with other cookies and sweets. However, these black pretzel rods would also accompany a savory charcuterie board as well.
Valentine’s pretzels are great for holiday gifting, class parties, and charcuterie boards. Fun to make with the kids as well for just a delicious treat. Check out a few more Valentine’s treats below.
Valentine’s Day Treats:
Valentine’s Day Pretzel Rods
- 9 Snyder’s pretzel rods
- 12 oz bag pink candy melts
- 12 oz bag black candy melts
- 1 tablespoon pink heart sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon pink confetti sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon black sprinkles
- Melt the pink and black candy melts as directed on the package. Using a spoon scoop candy melts over the top of one end of the pretzels.
- Roll as you are scooping then tap lightly to get the excess candy melts off the pretzel. Place on parchment paper.
- Before the candy melts dry add the heart sprinkles to the pink pretzels. Add the black sprinkles to the pink pretzel rods. Lastly add the pink sprinkles to the black pretzel rods.
- Let dry and serve!