Turkey Leg Rice Krispie Treats is the cutest to serve up as a dessert on Thanksgiving. Made with simple ingredients like pretzel rods, white candy melts, and marshmallows. Finished off with Krispies cereal and cocoa powder.
These turkey legs treats are great for class parties, Thanksgiving, and Friendsgiving. Made pretty quickly other then the 30 minutes set time that is required. These can definitely be made a day in advance.
Firstly, we start with dipping the large pretzel rod. The large rods are best as they will hold the rice krispies better than basic pretzel sticks. Heat the white candy melts as directed on the bag.
Secondly, melt the marshmallows with butter in a large pan. Add in the cocoa on low heat stirring until the marshmallows are melted. The time here is not to over cook or put the heat too high.
Once they marshmallows have fully melted the pan can be removed from the heat. Measure out the rice krispies to be added. This is key to not let the marshmallows set to long.
Making The Turkey Leg
Stir in the rice krispies until the krispies are fully coated. Let them cool some so the krispies can be handled to form them around the pretzel rods. Form them into the same of a turkey leg on the pretzel rod end that is not coated.
Once the leg has been formed around the pretzel rod. Let it set up for about 30 minutes. This will help it cool and be ready for serving. I keep mine in a ziplock in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
I like to serve the turkey leg rice krispie treats up on a wood serving board. Sugared cranberries are a great addition to the board for a fun dessert board at Thanksgiving.
The turkey leg treats are fun to make with the kids. Jus let the rice krispie mixture cool more before handling. Check out a few other Thanksgiving recipes below.
Turkey Leg Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 cups rice krispies
- 10 oz marshmallows one bag
- 2 tablespoons Ghirardelli’s cocoa
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 pretzel rods
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 6 oz white candy melts
- In a large pan, add in marshmallows, cocoa, and unsalted butter. Cook on low heat stirring until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Stir until the krispies are coated well.
- Melt the white candy melts as directed on the bag. Scoop white candy melts over the pretzel rods while rolling the rod to coat the half of the pretzel rod. Tap off excess.
- Form the rice krispie mix over the top of the pretzel rod to resemble a turkey leg. Place to marshmallows on the bottom of the leg with a little candy melts to stick.