Nutter Butter Turkeys are so cute and simple to make. These adorable turkey cookies go great on a Thanksgiving charcuterie or dessert platter. Let these little turkeys gobble their way into your Thanksgiving.
Grab some nutter butter cookies, Ghirardelli’s dark chocolate melting wafers, candy eye sprinkles, orange M&M’s, and red candy melts. These are really quite simple little turkeys.
Firstly melt the Ghirardelli’s chocolate wafers in a bowl. Follow the directions on the back of the bag. Lay out a piece of freezer paper shiny side up or some parchment paper.
Dip the nutter butters into the chocolate. Place the dipped cookies onto parchment paper or freezer paper. It’s time to add the turkey eyes and nose before the chocolate dries.
Add the candy eyes to the top of the nutter butter cookie. Make sure they are even. Placement of the eye dot doesn’t matter the not aligned placement makes the turkeys more fun.
Add the nose below the candy eyes. I used an orange M&M for the nose but Reese’s pieces will work as well. Let the chocolate dry before the next step.
Secondly melt the red candy melts as directed on the package. Each type of candy melt varies. I prefer to use Sweet Tooth Fairy candy melts found at Michael’s.
Thirdly, add a drop with a pastry brush of red candy melts to the side of the nose. Let dry before serving. These turkey cookies are best made a day before or day of when planning to serve them.
Pop these onto a cookie board with other Fall cookies. Much like the Scarecrow and Owl cookies we have links to below. These would be great served with gummy pumpkins and candy corn.
Fall Nutter Butter Cookies:
Nutter Butter Turkeys
- 20 medium candy eyeballs
- 10 orange M&M’s or Reese’s pieces
- 6 oz. chocolate candy melts
- 1/3 cup red candy melts
- 10 nutter butter cookies
- Melt both the chocolate and the red candy melts as directed on the bag. Brand directions may vary.
- Dip half of the nutter butter into the chocolate candy melts. Place on parchment or freezer paper shiny side up.
- Add the two eyes to the top of each nutter butter. Add the orange M&M's for the nose area to all the nutter butters. Let dry.
- With a pastry brush add a good dab of red candy melts next to the nose. Let dry and serve!