Strawberry shortcake shake is loaded with strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and shortbread for a delicious treat. Topped with a strawberry, whipped topping, and shortbread it’s the perfect treat for your Valentine.
This shake is a fun one to make for any Valentine. Whether that be for the entire family or just your significant other. Strawberries make the best shakes in my opinion.
Tips For The Best Strawberry Shake
The first tip to making the best strawberry shortcake shake is to use shortbread. It crumbles in and has the same flavor as the sponge cake. This allows for a better texture in the shake itself.
Second tip is not to over load it with ice cream or ice. Try to make equal amounts of the ice cream and the ice. Add the milk then blend. The strawberries will go in next then blend.
Add the shortbread last with it already been crumbled it will blend in smoothly. This will add the shortcake flavor we are looking for.
Make this strawberry shortcake shake gluten free remove the shortbread. Instead replace with a tablespoon of vanilla extract. It will help give it that shortbread/shortcake flavor.
To make this shake dairy free you may use a coconut ice cream or other dairy free vanilla ice cream. Use oat milk in the place of the milk. Use vanilla instead of the shortbread. Dairy free whipped topping can also be found.
Blend well and top with shortbread and a strawberry. I like extra creamy whipped topping on mine. I am gluten free myself so when I make mine I do it the gluten free way. My family has the strawberry shake like the recipe below.
I love making new recipes with strawberries. Strawberries have this sweet and tart about them that I just enjoy. I used to have a strawberry patch when I was a kid.
That’s why I enjoy using the strawberries in recipes so much. Check out a few other strawberry recipes that would be great for Valentine’s Day.
- Strawberry Shortcake Bark
- Iced Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Delight
- Strawberry Champagne Jello Shots
Strawberry Shortcake Shake
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup milk
- 4 strawberries; tops removed on 3
- 2 pieces shortbread; 1 for topping
- Whipped topping for topping
- In a blender, add in ice, ice cream, strawberries, and milk. Blend well. If too thick add a little more milk.
- Add in shortbread and blend well. Note: you can use shortcake but it will have a spongy texture for better texture we used shortbread.
- Pour shake into a glass and top with shortbread and a strawberries. Serve!