Southwestern corn dip is a creamy dip based with sour cream, corn, and green onions. Great for tailgating, parties, or a movie night. Budget friendly to make on a large scale.
Mayo or Miracle Whip:
This corn dip is based with sour cream and mayonnaise. I don’t use miracle whip as the corn already has enough sweetness to it. That being said you could use it just realize it might be sweeter than normal.
Budget friendly when you get the southwestern corn on sell for 69 cents a can. I also buy the off brand mayonnaise to reduce costs. Sour cream the bigger it’s bought the cheaper it is.
What Chips Pair Well
This is the perfect dip to serve up at parties or on Superbowl Sunday. Great for tailgating as the ingredients can easily fit in a cooler. Great for a movie night at home. I serve it with Lay’s potato chips but it also goes well with corn chips.
I mix together the cans of southwestern corn with some sour cream and mayo. Salt is great just don’t over do it as the chips have salt on them. Pepper and chili powder are great for seasoning.
However, I just use the chili powder on the top. It adds a little color and spice. You don’t have to add this it’s completely optional. I like a sharp cheddar cheese in mine but a mild cheddar is just as good.
Sometimes I add pepper jack cheese instead. It gives it more a kick when you need a little spice in your life. Now when it comes to the garlic in this southwestern corn dip I add more than what’s in the recipe card because I just love garlic.
The garlic is totally adjustable in this corn dip. Just add less or more per preference. I love making a few different dips and appetizers for parties. Check out a few more appetizers you can make below.
Great Appetizer Recipes:
Southwestern Corn Dip
- 2 – 15,25 oz. cans southwest corn; drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 3 stalks green onions; chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Open and drain juice from the southwestern corn. Place corn into a medium size bowl. Add in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add in chopped green onions and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
- Add in minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Top with chili powder. Serve with potato chips or tortilla chips.
- To serve warm, heat in microwave one minute then mix well.