Peanut Butter Bunny Paw cookies are adorable for Easter cookies. Gluten free peanut butter cookie with pink candy melts for the pads. Fun to make with the entire family.
This is a fun peanut butter cookie recipe that is gluten free to boot. Easy to make and roll the dough so fun for kids of all ages. Pink candy melts make it colorful and fun to eat.
To make these bunny paw cookies just six ingredients are needed. Peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and candy melts. I use a all natural peanut butter that I stir well.
Make the dough in a stand mixer. Roll into one medium ball then three smaller balls. Press with a tablespoon into the medium ball. Press with a teaspoon into the smaller balls.
Attach the balls together. Just do this by pressing them together at the edges. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and re-indent anything that has risen.
Remove carefully with a cookie spatula to a baking cooling rack. Let cool fully before adding in the candy melts. I use sweet tooth fairy candy melts. This is the brand I prefer cause it melts easily.
Once the cookies are fully cooled melt the candy melts as directed on the package. Each brand directions vary. Using the same teaspoon place some candy melts into each hole.
Lightly tap the cookie to allow the candy melts to settle flat in the holes. I usually tap the cooling rack as this is where I put the candy melts into the cookie. Let dry and then the paw cookies can be served.
Store these cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. I generally don’t store cookies longer than this. The peanut butter bunny paw cookies make a head well if this is something you want to make and take to a party.
Change out the color of the candy melts to represent a different animal or holiday. Red candy melts are fun at Christmas. Blue candy melts are awesome for 4th of July.
Peanut butter bunny paw cookies is the perfect cookie to make with family. Fun to roll up the balls with the kids and just have good time baking. I just love these for Easter Sunday.
Peanut Butter Bunny Paw Cookies
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 oz. light pink candy melts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, add in two cups peanut butter, two eggs, two cups white sugar, and one fourth teaspoon baking soda. Mix well with paddle attachment. (note: a hand mixer can also be used)
- Add in one tablespoon vanilla and blend well. Roll tablespoon size balls for the main part of the paw. Place on the baking sheet and press down.
- Roll three smaller teaspoon sized balls and attach to the big ball. Press down. Remember these will expand in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Using a small tablespoon indent the main part of the paw. Using a 1/4 teaspoon indent the toes. Let cool five minutes and move to cooling rack.
- Once cooled melt the light pink candy melts as directed on the package as brands vary. Using the 1/4 teaspoon fill each hole with pink candy melt. Rap the cooling rack on the counter to settle the candy melts in the holes. Let dry.