Well it’s almost time to ring in the new year. New Year’s Eve dipped butter cookies is the perfect sweet to serve up at New Year’s Eve festivities. These cookies are piped from a butter dough and dipped in black candy melts.
I like to make this dough in advance so I have it when I need to make cookies for a event. Spritz or butter cookie dough is easy to make and easy to pipe out into roses. Dip in different candy melts for different colorful results.
For these New Year’s Eve dipped butter cookies I used a black candy melt from Sweet Tooth Fairy and then drizzled them with gold and silver candy stars and white confetti sprinkles.
Change the Colors:
Change the cookies per the season. Use red candy melts for Christmas or Valentines. Use purple candy melts and green sprinkles for Mardi Gras. Green candy melts and white sprinkles for St. Patrick’s day. That’s what makes these butter cookies so fun!
The first step is to cream the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. This is best done with room temperature butter. Place the butter on the counter about 30 minutes before getting ready to make the butter cookies.
Tips for Piping The Cookies
Next mix in the flour and other ingredients. I then add this dough to a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip. The trick is to have the dough at the right temperature. It can be hard to squeeze out. I usually warm it with my hands first.
I pipe the roses the size of a silver dollar. This is good because they do not expand much when baking. If it’s humid outside they will spread and flatten more. I usually cool the dough a little when it’s super humid.
Bake the cookies for 5 minutes. Just till you see a light golden brown on the edges. Then let them fully cool on a cooling rack. I use a oxo cooling rack. I have a cookie spatula as well and use it to remove while still warm
Dipping The Butter Cookies:
I melt the black candy melts on half power as directed on the back of the sweet tooth fairy bag. Once melted I very carefully dip the butter cookies into the candy melts and then place them onto parchment paper.
One the cookies have been dipped I sprinkle them with silver and gold star sprinkles and white confetti sprinkles. Do this before the melted candy melts is dry so the sprinkles will stick to the cookies.
Let the New Year’s eve cookies fully dry before serving. These are so fun to add to a charcuterie board for something sweet and festive. These can be made up to a week in advance and stored in an airtight container.
I just love seasonal cooking. These dipped cookies are so perfect for that. Below I have added a few more New Year’s eve recipes that you might like to round out your New Year’s eve party or festivities.
New Year’s Eve Recipes:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (this can be changed to peppermint, rum, coconut, or any other flavor extract)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup black candy melts
- Gold Star sprinkles
- Silver Star sprinkles
- White confetti sprinkles
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in mixer.
- Blend at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour and salt, and blend at low speed until well mixed.
- To make the cookies, insert a 1M tip into pastry bag. Fill bag with cookie dough. If it's hard to pipe add the 1 tablespoon water. Warming the piping bag with your hands will help to pipe out the cookies. Pipe the dough in a rotated motion on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove to a cookie rack and let cool.
- Melt black candy melts in microwave as directed on the package. Carefully dip the cookies into the black candy melts and place on rack to dry. Sprinkle before drying with gold and silver star sprinkles and white confetti sprinkles.
- Let fully dry and then store in air tight container. They will store nice for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/