Monster rice krispie treats is an easy to make Halloween party treat. Just three ingredients to make and easy enough for the little kids to help. These gooey, delicious treat will fit perfectly on a sweets board as well.
We made three different colors with candy melts. Black, orange, and purple however, other colors can be used like light green, dark green, and even blues.
While homemade rice krispie treats can be used we used the store bought version. This helps with time and the krispie treats work great right out of the box. Cuts down on the time to make and create.
Heat each color of candy melt as directed on the bag. Most do vary so it’s good to check the directions. I use sweet tooth fairy brand most so I just use defrost mode at 1:30 three times and stirring inbetween.
Dip the rice krispie treat right into the candy melts. Dip half way up the treat and then place on parchment paper. Before the candy melts dry add candy eye sprinkles.
Add the candy eyes in different formations to give different monster looks. This is so fun to make with kids to see how creative they become with the eye candies.
Add these monster treats to a sweet board for Halloween party serving. Add some cute vampire Halloween pretzels to the board as well. We have a few Hocus Pocus recipes that would go great with these two sweets to round out the board.
Simple Halloween treats are just fun to make. Easy and great for the whole family to be involved. I mean who doesn’t love monsters. Get the family together and decorate some rice krispie treats.
Halloween is such a fun time of the year. Great to get together and make Halloween treats. Check out a few more Halloween recipes below.
Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 pieces indivdually wrapped rice krispy treats
- 6 oz black candy melts
- 6 oz purple candy melts
- 6 oz orange candy melts
- 7 pieces large candy eye sprinkles
- 16 pieces small candy eye sprinkles
- Melt each color candy melt as directed. I do them on defrost for 1:30 second and repeat with strring until it is melted. You can also use a melting pot.
- Dip the rice krispy treats into the candy melts and place onto parchment paper.
- Place eyes in different patterns into the candy melt area before it dries. Let dry and serve!