Jack Skellington hot chocolate bombs is the perfect spooky fun for your Halloween mug. Let the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town dip into some warm milk for a drink of chocolatey goodness.
Made with white chocolate melting wafers by Ghirardelli and filled with swiss miss hot chocolate mix. These hot chocolate bombs are super simple to make as long as you follow a few tips.
White chocolate wafers, swiss miss, mini marshmallow bits, and black sparkle gel will be needed. A spoon and a dome mold the size you want the bombs to be. I prefer the large or medium dome molds.
Black sparkle gel by Wilton’s is a must! Regular icing doesn’t work well. Using other warm chocolate melts the bomb. Make sure to get a gel to draw on Jack’s face.
Melt the white chocolate wafers from Ghirardelli’s as directed on the package. Once melted it’s time to coat the dome mold.
Coat the dome mold well with the white chocolate. Do this with a back of a spoon until you cannot see the mold through the chocolate. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Slowly pop the chocolate domes out of the mold. Fill one side with hot chocolate swiss miss mix and marshmallow bits.
Heat the other dome on very low heat. Place it on the other dome. This will seal the dome. Be sure to make sure both sides of the domes are level by heating them.
If the bomb ends up with a hole then just brush some cooled chocolate over the hole with a pastry brush. Do not brush with hot chocolate as you will end up with a larger hole.
Jack Skellington hot chocolate bombs are great for gifting in boo buckets. Gift the chocolate bombs at a Halloween party as a favor.
Having a Nightmare Before Christmas party? Don’t miss out on making these Jack chocolate bombs. It will be the life of the party!
Jack Skellington Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 bag Ghirardelli’s white chocolate wafers
- 6 tablespoons swiss miss hot chocolate mix
- 14 marshmallows or mini marshmallows
- Black sparkle gel wiltons
- Melt white chocolate wafer candy melts to the package directions in the microwave.
- Add white chocolate wafer melts to the dome mold and spread with the back of a spoon. Do this in one thin layer to coat then place in freezer for 10 minutes. Take it back out and coat only where you can see through the mold. If you cannot see through the mold you do not need to add more. You want the bomb to stay together but not be too thick.
- If you add more to the see through spots then place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Remove and slowly pop out the each side of the bombs. Place on a plate.
- Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place one side of the bomb rim open side down onto the frying pan. This will lightly melt and even out the edges. Quickly add about 2 tablespoons cocoa mix to the bomb and marshmallows. Melt the other side of the bombs rim and then place evenly with the other side.
- This will seal them together evenly. Do not add hot chocolate to the outside as it will just melt the bomb. If you have a hole then add cooled chocolate to the outside or re-melt the candy melts and try again.
- Draw on Jack Skellington's face with the black sparkle gel. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve in about 3 cups hot milk.