IT Derry Hot Chocolate Bombs
When it comes to Stephen King it’s all about some Pennywise. The beautiful but menacing Derry. It Derry hot chocolate bombs display the I Heart Derry on them for creepy fun.
Just a few ingredients are needed to make these super spooky hot chocolate bombs. Red Sweet Tooth Fairy candy melts, white candy melts, swiss miss hot chocolate, and marshmallow bits.
First melt the red candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Use the directions on the package. Some microwaves vary so it’s best to go by the directions of the candy melts you bought.
Next up coat the large dome mold with candy melts with the back of a spoon. Make sure to coat well enough that no spots are showing through the candy. Place in the freeze for 10 minutes.
After the chocolate bombs come out of the freezer pop them out easily from the mold. Place them on a plate. Then heat a small pan to low heat. It’s time to heat the edges.
Fill one side with hot chocolate swiss miss mix and marshmallow bits. The other side set into the pan for a few seconds to melt it evenly and place onto the other side with the hot chocolate mix.
Sealing The Hot Chocolate Bomb
Once the chocolate bombs sides are placed together run your finger along the edge to make sure it seals. It’s a little warm so be careful. If there is holes do not put hot chocolate on them. Let the chocolate cool and then dap some on with a pastry brush.
Place the chocolate bombs in the freeze for 10 more minutes. Melt the white candy melts in a pastry bag. Clip the end and pipe “I Heart Derry” onto them. Let dry.
If you have trouble with piping them a trick is to use a clean syringe. It’s a little easier to control the flow. I like to use this method more often. Melt chocolate in a bowl and suck into the syringe.
Once the I Heart Derry is piped onto the It Derry hot chocolate bombs then place them in the freeze. I keep mine in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Derry hot chocolate bombs are perfect in a large glass of warm milk. Just drop the chocolate bomb into the warm milk and give it a stir. It will bust open and you will have a cup of red hot chocolate!
If you love these Derry Bombs. Then check out a few more hot chocolate bombs we have in the list below.
Spooky Hot Chocolate Bombs:
IT Derry Hot Chocolate Bombs
Red hot chocolate bomb with the words "I Heart Derry".
- 12 oz - 1 bag red candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 6oz - 1/2 bag white candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 30 marshmallow bits
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate mix (swiss miss)
- Melt the red candy melts as directed on the bag.
- Add red candy melts to the domes. Spread well with the back of a spoon.
- Make sure you cannot see the mold through the candy melts. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the candy melts are hardened remove the domes carefully. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place the bomb edge side down into the pan. Melt slightly just to even out edges. Pull it up and fill with two tablespoons hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows.
- Quickly heat another dome edge and place on top of the one with the cocoa mix. Make sure to align the domes well. Repeat for the other two hot chocolate bombs. Place in freezer for 10 minutes before moving to the next step.
- Place white candy melts into a piping bag. Heat for 1:30 on defrost. The candy melts should be melted. Now cut the end of the bag and pipe "I (heart shape) Derry" onto the red hot chocolate bomb.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to drink. If you need to keep longer place in the freezer for up to a month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 2gSugar: 80gProtein: 5g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://www.mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/