Halloween Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect hauntingly fun sweetness for your coffee mug. Just drop one in with hot milk and a good stir for spooky sipping on All Hallows Eve.
Stuffed with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows these hot chocolate bombs are great in the cooler autumn weather. Marbled with black and orange candy melts the bombs are great for Halloween night.
To add a bit of extra fun put some orange edible glitter inside. That way when the ball busts open your mug will be filled with amazing orange glitter swirls.
I had so much fun swirling the orange and black candy melts in this recipe. Just melt them in the microwave and place some of the black in the mold. Then swirl the orange candy melts into it.
Halloween Bombs Tips and Tricks:
The biggest tip is to add one color first then the second color and swirl lightly, Make sure you coat the entire dome of the mold. This will make sure that it doesn’t break when removing.
Don’t over swirl the colors or you won’t get the effect it will just blend them together. Make sure to lightly swirl the candy melts. Pop the bombs into the freeze for 10 minutes.
Easily pop them out of the molds. I use a thinner mold from Hobby Lobby that works well. Some like the plastic molds but I don’t find those fun to work with. I use the dome mold.
These Halloween Hot Chocolate Bombs can easily be the hit at your next Halloween party or pumpkin carving party. Easy to make and so fun for everyone.
Since these are large bombs they are better in a larger mug of milk. Shorter mugs equal more sweetness, Large mug not as sweet. The hot chocolate bombs can be made in advance and then froze till the day of use. I like to let them thaw a little before using.
Spooky Halloween Recipes:
- 1 cup black chocolate candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 1 cup orange candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 16 marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate mix (swiss miss)
- dome mold
1. Melt the black and orange candy melts as directed on the package.
2. Drop black candy melts in two spots in the dome mold. Drop orange candy melts opposite the black candy melts in the dome mold. Lightly swirl the back of a spoon while coating the mold.
3. Make sure you cannot see the mold through the candy melts. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Once the candy melts are hardened remove the domes carefully. Set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place the bomb edge side down into the pan. Melt slightly just to even out edges. Pull it up and fill with two tablespoons hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
6. Quickly heat another dome edge and place on top of the one with the cocoa mix. Make sure to align the domes well. Repeat for the other two hot chocolate bombs.
7. Keep in the fridge until ready to drink. If you need to keep longer place in the freezer for up to a month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 120gFiber: 5gSugar: 94gProtein: 9g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/