Alabama white sauce is this crazy good sauce that goes great on chicken, pork, or any barbecue. Instant Pot Alabama white sauce sliders is an easy way to spruce up sliders. That easy chicken dinner or appetizer anyone will love!
These Alabama white sauce sliders are great for an appetizer for football games or tailgating. I like to make them for the kids. When kids come over it’s an easy dinner to make to feed them.
In my experience most kids love chicken. Adding a little sauce that they will enjoy helps flavor the chicken. Don’t be afraid of the horse radish in the sauce as it blends well enough to never even taste it.
Did I mention how easy this instant pot recipe is? I mean it’s as simple as cooking the chicken for about 30 minutes in the instant pot. Quick release and shred the chicken.
What’s the White Sauce
Top it with the super easy to make Alabama white sauce. Whisk up the white sauce and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve. I promise everyone outside of Alabama will be shocked at this different white barbecue sauce.
The sauce takes a few ingredients to make and is not made in the instant pot. White sauce is just whisked together in the bowl on the side. I usually make the sauce and pop it in the fridge while the chicken is cooking.
These instant pot Alabama white sauce sliders are great for pot lucks and parties alike. Just make it up ahead and serve when ready. That’s what makes the instant pot fun is you can easily take the chicken in it and reheat.
I keep the white sauce cold though. These tasty sliders will be an easy one for guests or kids alike. Check out a few other easy instant pot recipes we have below.
Easy Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken Sliders
- Low Country Boil
- Instant Pot Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
- Pepper Beef Meatballs
Instant Pot Alabama White Sauce Sliders
- 4 to 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slider Buns
- Place the chicken in the instant pot. Add 1 cup water or chicken broth. Place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button. Set cook time for 30 minutes. This allows the chicken to shred easily from large boneless chicken breasts.
- If you have smaller chicken breasts then reduce the time by 10 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting release the pressure. Drain the juice from the pot and shred the chicken.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl for the sauce. Whisk well making sure there is no lumps. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Place chicken on the slider bun and pour the Alabama white sauce over the top and top with top slider bun.