These Heart Shaped Taco Quesadillas are perfect for Valentine’s at home. Filled with cheese and taco meat for a simple, easy Valentine’s dinner everyone will love. Sided with salsa and sour cream.
Not only are these fun for a Valentine’s Day idea but they are fun for kids too. Think of all the different shaped cookie cutters you could use. From footballs to moose bodies.
Just buy store made tortillas or some at the local place that makes them fresh. Fill the quesadilla with whatever you would like. From cheese, beef, chicken the fillings are unlimited.
If you have a griddle these taco quesadillas will be the hit of a party. What better way to say it with a quesadilla. Football cookie cutters would be adorable. Great for the big game. Honestly, the sky is the limit.
Quesadilla ingredients can vastly vary but here we used ground beef with taco seasoning. Then we topped the quesadilla with a Mexican shredded cheese with seasoning it. We find this locally. As you can see, some of the quesadillas received red onion and others did not.
Lastly, the heart shaped taco quesadillas are paired with sour cream and salsa. However, the quesadilla can also be paired with guacamole or other sauces of your choosing.
Great for an easy Taco Tuesday or weeknight dinner. Leftovers are fantastic for lunch the next day too. We just make them up then microwave them for 30 second to make them the right temperature to eat them right away.
Fantastic Valentine’s Recipes:
Heart Shaped Taco Quesadillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup white onion; diced
- 4 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 flour tortillas
- Optional: sour cream salsa, guacamole for topping
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- In a skillet, add in ground beef and onion. Saute until beef is browned.
- With the heart shaped cookie cutter place tortillas on cutting board and cut.
- Fill with beef mixture and cheese. Place in a flat pan and put to medium heat. Cook flipping until each side is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole.