Cherry pie ice cream is a delicious way to have both pie and ice cream in one. Make a day ahead with easy prep. Tasty cherries and graham crackers make this ice cream perfect to serve up on any holiday.
Firstly add the heavy whipping cream to the mixer. Start at speed 2 and then work the mixer up every five minutes until it resembles whipped topping. With a hand mixer this will take longer to achieve.
Make sure to that you have this thick consistency to the cream before adding anything else. This is the base of the ice cream.
Secondly after the whipping the heavy cream add the sweetened condensed milk. Fold this in by using a spatula and careful not to deflate the heavy cream mixture.
Thirdly add the cherry pie filling into the cream mixture. Fold it in with a spatula making sure to disperse the cherries well.
Lastly pour one third of the ice cream mixture into a brownie pan. Crush some graham crackers and disperse them well. Repeat this process until the brownie pan is full.
Cover and place the cherry pie ice cream into the freezer. I like to freeze mine overnight for the best results.
Scoop the delicious cherry ice cream into a waffle cone bowl. I like the ice cream bowl just how it is. Topping it with caramel syrup is also delectable.
This is literally the perfect ice cream for Thanksgiving. Forget the pie and just make ice cream! Serve it up at Christmas as well.
Yummy Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Ginger Snap Ice Cream
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cherry Pie Ice Cream
- 32 fl oz. heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling
- 3 graham crackers; crushed
- In a stand mixer, add in heavy whipping cream and set to a 2. Move this up every 5 minutes until the heavy whipping cream resembles whipped topping.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk. Fold in cherry pie filling.
- Place some of the ice cream into a brownie pan or loaf pan. Add some crushed graham crackers. Add more ice cream and more graham crackers. Repeat until pan is full.
- Freeze for 24 hours. Serve in a waffle bowl.