Strawberries and peanut butter are the perfect combination. Strawberry peanut butter ice cream sandwiches mimic a strawberry peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Delicious and amazingly gluten free.
What’s even better about these ice cream sandwiches is that the sandwiches are gluten free. That’s right the cookie is four simple ingredients without flour.
Gluten Free Cookies and Ice Cream
These are truly simple to make using store bought strawberry ice cream. I check the ice cream ingredients to make sure it’s gluten free. Then bake the peanut butter gluten free cookies.
First I mix together the peanut butter, granulated sugar, eggs, and baking soda. Place in a dash of salt and mix well. That’s all it takes to make the gluten free peanut butter cookies.
Once mixed together then roll into 1 inch balls. You an make these larger or smaller depending on the size you would like the ice cream sandwiches.
Place the ball on the cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Do this vertically and horizontally. Then bake the peanut butter cookies. I like them crispy on the edge and soft in the center.
Once the cookies have been removed from the oven, cool on a cooling rack. After the cookies have cooled it’s time to fill the cookies with strawberry ice cream.
Freeze Sandwiches Overnight
Let the ice cream soften a bit then place it between the bottoms of two peanut butter cookies. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Overnight is best to allow it to freeze well.
Once the homemade ice cream sandwiches have froze overnight the sandwiches are ready to be served! If you make them large I cut the sandwich in half so that I can eat some and save the rest for later.
I can never eat a full strawberry peanut butter ice cream sandwich. It’s just so good but so filling. I hope you make these as a delicious dessert to share with your family.
Delicious Dessert Recipes:
Strawberry Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 gallon strawberry ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix in a large bowl, eggs, sugar, peanut butter, salt, and baking soda. Make the cookies just under the size you would like them to be. They will spread some so keep that into account to the size you would like your sandwiches to be.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 11 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes then move to cooling rack. Allow to cool fully.
- Place softened strawberry ice cream between the bottom of the cookies. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Serve cold!