Parmesan creamed corn is a delicious side dish for any meal. Serve it with fried chicken or turkey at Thanksgiving. Delectable creamy corn in a butter and heavy cream mixture.
Ingredients to make creamed corn is pretty simple. Though it renders a complex and delicious flavor. Frozen corn, heavy cream, margarine, parmesan, milk, and cornstarch.
Firstly start with adding corn, heavy cream, and margarine to a pot. Bring the corn to medium heat. This will start to melt the butter and thicken the cream.
Once the butter has melted we can move to the next step. Whisk together cornstarch, milk, salt and pepper. Secondly pour this into the pot with the corn mixture.
Bring to a low boil stirring often until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Looking to make sure everything in the pot has melted and thickened.
Thirdly once the mixture is thickened it’s time to add the parmesan. Once adding the parmesan mix well to break it down. Plate the parmesan creamed corn into a dish.
Lastly with the corn in the dish top it with fresh dill. This adds a bit of a lemon flavor to the dish along with color. The dill is completely optional to put in the side dish.
This corn side dish is budget friendly. Great for potlucks and large gatherings like Thanksgiving. Easily double the recipe by doubling the ingredients.
Parmesan corn is also a simple side dish to pair with a weeknight dinner. I love a side dish that doesn’t have to bake. Comes together simply with crazy good flavor.
Delicious Side Dishes:
Parmesan Creamed Corn
- 12 oz frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Add corn, heavy cream, and margarine to the pot. Set it to medium heat. Once the margarine is melted it's time to move to the next step.
- Whisk together the salt, pepper, cornstarch, and milk. Pour into the pot with the corn and bring to a low boil. Stir often until the mixture starts to coat the back of the spoon.
- Stir in parmesan. Make sure to break down the parmesan. Pour into a dish. Top with dill.