Instant Pot Beef Parmesan Soup
Do you need an instant pot soup with simple ingredients. This Instant Pot Beef Parmesan Soup is made with stew beef and stewed tomatoes making a very simple yet complex flavored soup. Top it off with parmesan and serve on a cold night!
For the pasta I used a gluten free rotini. However, any pasta can be used from penne to a rigatoni. The pasta can be gluten free or use regular. I just cook it separate as I prefer to cook the pasta on the stove top.
I put all the ingredients into the instant pot and let it cook. Meanwhile, I make the pasta in my bialetti pasta pot. This is probably the second most used pot in my kitchen second to the instant pot. I just like to make cooking easy on weeknights if I can.
Serve this instant pot soup with some bread or gluten free garlic bread. Either with or without bread this soup is amazing. We top the soup with a ton of parmesan. We love locatelli cheese but you can use whatever kind of cheese you’d like.
Even the Kraft parmesan cheese works just fine. However, don’t cheat on the herbs. The fresh herbs is what really makes the flavor in this soup. I use fresh grown basil along with organic Italian parsley.
Stir it all together with a good beef broth. Let it cook in the instant pot under high pressure for about 30 minutes. This allows the beef to go from frozen to fully tender. Make the pasta on the side then mix together before serving.
I top my soup off with parmesan and some cracked black pepper. If your not a big fan of parmesan then never fear as this easily switches out well with mozzarella cheese. I prefer to get the stew beef at central market and cut off any fat.
This instant pot dinner soup is a great one to make during the week and use the leftovers for lunches. Hope you enjoy it on a cold winter night like us. Check out a few more soup recipes for the instant pot below.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
Instant Pot Beef Parmesan Soup
Soup with beef, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 - 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 bundle Italian parsley; chopped
- 1/2 small bundle (about 10 to 12 leaves) fresh basil; chopped
- 1 - 32oz beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups water (to hit max line in 6qt)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 oz rotini pasta (we used gluten free)
- grated parmesan for topping
- fresh parsley for topping
- In the instant pot add in onions, beef, and give a good stir. Add in stewed tomatoes, parsley, and basil. Fold in the herbs. Pour in beef broth and water. Add in pepper. Stir well. No salt is needed as the tomatoes should add enough saltiness.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 30 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure.
- Cook the pasta stove top as per directions on box. Drain and add to the soup.
- Serve in a bowl topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1139mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 55g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/
May I ask what was that pasta pot you use
I have two of these pots. https://amzn.to/3stktzZ my fav!