We all enjoy Fall as it slowly drifts into the cooler season soups are a plenty. If you love stuffed peppers then this Instant Pot Czech Stuffed Pepper Soup is the perfect Autumn soup. Loaded with stewed tomatoes, paprika, and bell pepper it’s a wonderful addition to your weeknight meal plan.
My mother in law and husband make Czech stuffed peppers which are slightly different from traditional American style stuffed peppers. The peppers are not made in the oven. These peppers are normally made in a pot on the stove with loads of paprika.
Those peppers are called Plnená Paprika. I took the recipe for those and converted it to a soup. Hence then made the soup in the instant pot for ease. Less clean up, less pans, and super easy weeknight instant pot dinner.
Why I Love The Instant Pot Silicone Lid
Additionally, this bell pepper soup is fantastic for lunches. We make a pot of it, feed four, then there is a little left over the next day for lunch. Use the instant pot plastic lid to pull out the insert, seal, and place in the fridge. I need a second insert and lid to be able to rotate food easily.
Instant Pot soups are great for easy weeknight meals. I love to use the instant pot to make soup and use for lunches later. The instant pot is also handy for potlucks or making soup for those in need. I honestly couldn’t imagine not having an instant pot.
About The Rice
At first I was afraid to do the rice in the instant pot. I just thought it would be mush. I am happy to say I was wrong and glad I saved myself the time by adding it all together. After cooking we put it in the fridge and the rice was still just fine the next day.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for instant pot czech stuffed pepper soup. If so, check out a few other great instant pot soups below.
Other Great Instant Pot Soups:
Instant Pot Czech Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white rice; uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cans stewed tomatoes; 14 oz
- 2 tablespoons garlic; adjustable to taste
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 green bell peppers; deseeded and diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Click saute button on the instant pot to turn on saute mode. Add in onion and ground beef. Cook until ground beef is browned. Add in garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir well.
- Add in diced bell pepper and three cans of stewed tomatoes. Add one half cup of uncooked rice. Stir well. Pour in beef broth. Place lid on the pot. Set the valve to sealed position.
- Set pressure cook/manual/high pressure to 5 minutes. Rice will cook in this time as the pot is under heat for 15 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps; release the pressure.