It’s that time of year where the pumpkins spread their orange cheer and everyone is ready for some Hocus Pocus. These Hocus Pocus Spell Book Krispies are perfect for a Halloween snack or fun treat at an all Hallows eve party. Simple to dip in chocolate and decorate.
I just love how cute these little spell books are that mimic the spell book in the movie Hocus Pocus. I mean who doesn’t love to eat eyeballs! Not to mention who’s excited for the new Hocus Pocus movie next year?
Easily put together with rice krispie treats and some melted chocolate candy melts. Candy eyeballs are easy to find at Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, and even on candy eyes are on Amazon. I get the black sparkle edible gel at Tom Thumb but it’s pretty easy to find.
I love these ease of making these Hocus Pocus spell book krispies. Just melt the candy melt chocolate in the microwave and dip away. Great to make ahead for a Halloween party or pumpkin carving gathering as snacks.
The black gel looks like it would be hard to draw but trust me it’s easy. Just make some lines similar to the book and it’s all hocus pocus from there! I usually look at an image of the book online to guide me.
A quick google search will find some pictures to follow pretty quickly. If not watch the movie on Disney Plus. These krispie treats would be so fun for a Halloween movie night that of course included Hocus Pocus.
I used the prepackaged rice krispie treat you can buy however, it’s easy to find the recipe to make them from scratch if you want the extra work in the kitchen. I like to make things quickly when it’s for a party or a simple snack.
If you love making Hocus Pocus crafts and foods check out a few more in the list below. And stay tuned to the blog for a few more recipes of the witchy way coming soon.
More Witchy Fun
Hocus Pocus Spell Book Krispies
- 16 count rice krispie treats
- 1 tube wilton black glitter gel edible
- 1 bag candy melts dark chocolate
- 10 candy eyes
- parchment paper
- In a bowl, heat candy melts for 2 minutes at 50 percent power or on defrost setting. Stir well. Microwave in 1 minutes intervals and stir until all candy melts are melted. Use the dark chocolate as this make it look closer to the book than milk chocolate candy melts.
- Dip rice krispie treats into the candy melts. Make sure they are covered well and place on parchment paper to dry. Place eyes on the book to the right center edge while chocolate is still wet. Let dry fully before adding the next step.
- Once dry, draw on the book stitching with the black glitter gel. Let dry and serve!