Apple cider muffins is the perfect muffin to make in Fall. Great for breakfast or a seasonal snack. The apple muffins with seasonal flavors like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Of course, you can skip on the nutmeg if you have an allergy just add a little more cinnamon. Made with apple cider juice for an abundance of apple flavor. A little side of cinnamon butter makes these Fall muffins a must.
The flavor in these muffins comes from the apple cider which is a juice not a vinegar. Along with spices of cinnamon and ginger. Which gives the aromatic smell of Fall when baking.
Firstly, mix together dry ingredients like cinnamon, sugar, ginger, flour, and baking powder. Mix these for just 30 seconds. This helps incorporate the spices and the baking powder.
Secondly, add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Eggs, apple cider, and milk are some of the wet ingredients. Mix just till incorporated. Don’t over mix the batter.
Lastly, once the batter is mixed then prepare the muffin pan. I use white cupcake liners and then a ice cream scoop to scoop 3/4 full with batter. The idea is to have the apple cider muffin rise above the liner.
Bake Apple Cider Muffins
Bake for about 22 minutes. These are great for breakfast on the go or an evening snack. I love these apple cider muffins that taste like a donut with the sugar and cinnamon topping.
I like to keep these for a few days in a dome one the kitchen counter. The apple muffins are best the first three days. Especially if you dip them in the butter then cinnamon sugar.
These are just like an apple cinnamon muffin with a nice donut like topping. So tasty and not super sweet. Check out some more fall recipes below.
Apple Cider Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs room temperature, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider; or apple juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together beaten eggs, oil, apple cider, and milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin about 3/4 full of batter per cup. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, melt butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the tops of muffins in the melted butter. Then, roll the top in the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat.