Rudolph Oreo Balls is a super Christmas treat to give out for the holidays. Coated in Ghirardelli’s chocolate and decorated adorably these reindeer balls are delicious.
Takes just a few ingredients to make these Rudolph treats. Ghirardelli’s dark chocolate melting wafers, candy eyes, pretzels, red M&M’s, Oreos, and cream cheese.
Firstly blend the Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor. If you use a blender like I did you will have to do about 5 or 6 cookies are a time. Pour the cookie crumbs into a bowl.
Once all the Oreo cookies are processed it’s time to make the balls. Add cream cheese to the Oreo crumbs and blend well with a hand mixer. Make sure the cream cheese isn’t super cold so that it mixes well.
Secondly using a one tablespoon scoop, scoop out a tablespoon full and roll into a ball. Set on a plate that will go in the fridge. Continue this until all of the mixture is rolled into balls.
Place the plate into the fridge for at least one hour. I usually leave them overnight to make sure they are good and solid before dipping. Melt the chocolate wafers as directed on the package.
How to Decorate the Rudolph Balls
Roll the balls in the melted chocolate using a fork. Lift up and let the excess chocolate drain from the ball. Place onto parchment paper. Add the M&M nose, candy eyes, and broken pretzel as antlers right away. Let dry before serving.
Keep the Rudolph Oreo balls in the fridge until ready to serve. Taste best when used with two weeks. The pretzels can get stale pretty quickly in the fridge.
These Oreo balls are great for serving up at a parties on charcuterie boards. Make a treat board with cute reindeer treats for holiday fun.
- 1 regular package Oreos
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 10 oz. Ghirardelli's dark chocolate melting wafers
- 20 pretzels
- 20 red M&M's
- 40 candy eyes
- In a blender, add the oreo cookies four to five cookies at a time. Blend and add to a mixing bowl. Do this for the full package of cookies.
- Add cream cheese to the bowl. Mix well with a hand mixer. Roll mix into about one tablespoon size balls. Place on a plate and store in the fridge for one hour.
- Melt Ghirardelli's chocolate wafers as directed on the bag. Dip the oreo balls into the chocolate and place on parchment or freezer paper (shiny side up). Before they dry add the candy eyes and M&M nose. Break the pretzel in half and press in to add the antlers.
- If anything falls off us chocolate melts on the back to glue it back on.
- Let dry before serving. Keep in fridge up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 6g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://www.mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/