The perfect St. Patrick’s Day comfort drink. Irish whiskey hot chocolate bombs dropped in hot milk for a spiked hot chocolate. Filled with Irish whiskey and Ghirardelli’s chocolate sauce.
I love making these hot chocolate bombs! This chocolate bomb recipe is especially fun with the gold edible glitter. I love dusting it over the top of the hot chocolate bomb.
Coating The Dome Mold
Cover the mold with the back of a spoon. Coat the mold well and make sure you cannot see the mold through the candy melts.
Freeze the mold for 10 minutes. Remove and make sure it is coated well. If not, cover the spots and refreeze. Otherwise, slowly remove the candy melts from the mold. Set aside.
Get the Irish whiskey and chocolate sauce ready. In a skillet heat the edges of the inside of the bomb. This helps level it and make it stick together. Pour in some whiskey and some Ghirardelli’s chocolate sauce.
Filling Holes On The Bomb
Heat the other side of the bomb and place them together. Make sure they are level to each side and that there is no holes. If there is a hole cover it with cooled chocolate and a pastry brush.
After the bombs are sealed and all holes covered place them into cupcake liners. Take a clean pastry brush and dust some gold dust over the top. This will add a glimmer to the drink and bomb itself.
Irish whiskey hot chocolate bombs is the perfect spiked holiday drink for St. Patrick’s Day. Fun to make with friends or family and serve up in a cup of warm milk.
Below we have a few other St. Patrick’s Day recipes to enjoy. Have some Irish cream iced rum bundt cake with an Irish whiskey hot chocolate bomb. heck out these St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Couples.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes:
Irish Whiskey Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 package dark green sweet tooth fairy candy melts
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Syrup
- 1 – 2 oz. bottle Irish Whiskey
- Edible Gold Dust for topping
- Melt dark green candy melts to the package directions in the microwave.
- Add dark green candy melts to the dome mold and spread with the back of a spoon. Do this in one thin layer to coat then place in freezer for 10 minutes. Take it back out and coat only where you can see through the mold. If you cannot see through the mold you do not need to add more. You want the bomb to stay together but not be too thick.
- If you add more to the see through spots then place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Remove and slowly pop out the each side of the bombs. Place on a plate.
- Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place one side of the bomb rim open side down onto the frying pan. This will lightly melt and even out the edges. Quickly add a squeeze of Ghirardelli chocolate sauce to the bomb and a tablespoon of Irish whiskey. Melt the other side of the bombs rim and then place evenly with the other side.
- This will seal them together evenly. Do not add hot chocolate to the outside as it will just melt the bomb. If you have a hole then add cooled chocolate to the outside or re-melt the candy melts and try again.
- Dust with a pastry brush the tops of the bombs with edible gold dust.
- Serve in about 3 cups hot milk.