Frozen Inspired Rose Cookies
With the release of the much anticipated Frozen II movie coming out tomorrow on Friday we’d like to share our Frozen Inspired Rose Cookies. These rose cookies are a delicious treat you could see Anna or Elsa enjoying together.
These rose cookies are filled with jam but could also have a chocolate ganache or any other filling you choose. Use ice cream in the summer for a Frozen themed ice cream party. Just make the cookies and put ice cream in the middle.
Freeze them with the ice cream. Olaf would be proud of those cookies! Olaf just loves summer and some frozen rose ice cream cookies would be right up his alley. We’ve made them for a party in the past with rave reviews.
Tips For Frozen Inspired Rose Cookies:
First, use an large 1M tip for piping the cookies. This is what give the cookie the rose look. Second, warm the bag with your hands as it helps get the dough out through the tip. Third, if the dough is too thick then just add a tad of water and mix it in. About 1 tablespoon would do sometimes I have to add a second. The dough needs to be thick!
The thick dough helps to keep the shape of the rose cookie. These cookies don’t swell up they pretty much stay the same size you pipe them. If you need a large cookie pipe it larger. I pipe the cookie between a quarter and a silver dollar size.
I bake the cookies on parchment paper for 8 minutes when it’s cold outside. I’ve noticed in Texas when it is humid I cook the cookie more towards the 5 minutes. I have even seen the dough be to hot and need to place in the fridge for a bit. It’s just our humidity.
After pulling them from the oven I carefully place them on my OXO cookie rack. I love my OXO cookie rack. They just make good products. Which reminds me I need to add their cookie scoops to my stocking stuffer list!
I really hope you enjoy these Frozen Inspired Rose Cookies. If you want something a little less work we also have Frozen Fruity Pebbles Cookies. Super easy to make for any holiday gifting!
That’s what I love about pretty cookies for gifting. Rose cookies like above make the perfect gift in a lovely Christmas tin. Maybe even a Frozen Olaf lunch box with the cookies in it. The lunchbox can double as a useful gift later!
Frozen Inspired Rose Cookies
Purple and blue rose shaped cookies for any Frozen themed gathering.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- parchment paper
- 1 drop light blue food gel
- 1 drop purple food gel
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in mixer.
- Blend at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour and salt, and blend at low speed until well mixed. Divide and use food coloring by mixing in each color.
- To make the cookies, insert a 1M tip into pastry bag. Fill bag with cookie dough. If it's hard to pipe add the 1 tablespoon water. Warming the piping bag with your hands will help to pipe out the cookies. Do this in a rotated motion on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove to a cookie rack and let cool. Once cool fill with jam or filling of choice.
Filling: Can be jam or whatever you'd like. We used blueberry jam in the blue cookies and strawberry jam in the purple cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/