Easter is just around the corner. Will you have leftover eggs and ham from the celebrations? This creamy ham pasta salad is the perfect salad to use those leftover eggs and ham. Great for lunches or a cold dinner when the weather starts to warm up.
A creamy salad that features eggs, broccoli, avocado, and ham. Really simple to make gluten free with gluten free rotini noodles. I love the simple ingredients in this salad. What a good way to use those Easter eggs.
My trick to pasta salad is to cook the pasta in my bialetti pasta pot then drain. Pour more cold water over it and drain. I repeat this until the pasta is cool then add the remaining ingredients.
Another tip is to mix together the mayo, mustard, and seasonings before mixing it into the salad. This allows the sauce to be incorporated well around the salad when you mix it in. I use a salad fork and spoon to toss the salad so I don’t break the pasta as much.
Using leftover ham, diced the ham and the egg from Easter eggs to add to the salad. If you don’t have leftovers you can get diced ham for pretty inexpensive and boil a few eggs for 10 minutes then dice.
Keep The Creamy Ham Pasta Salad Cold
Additionally, this creamy salad recipe is fantastic for potlucks and gatherings. Make it up to serve as a cold side dish. Keep it in the fridge until you serve it. If you need to keep it cold away from home place it in a sealed container inside an ice chest with ice.
If you like pasta salads I have a few more listed below you should try! These are some of our favorites to take to gatherings or parties. We serve them up often!
Pasta Salad Recipes:
Creamy Ham Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. package ham; diced – leftover ham
- 2 hard boiled eggs; diced
- 1 – 16 oz. box rotini pasta; gluten free if needed
- 1 large avocado; diced
- 1 head of broccoli; diced
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and then cool the pasta to room temperature. Use gluten free if needed.
- Add in ham, diced egg, avocado, and broccoli with pasta in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, mayo, and Dijon mustard. Whisk well.
- Scoop into large bowl and toss well until all ingredients are coated. Careful not to break the pasta. Especially with gluten free. Toss lightly.