With a 16th birthday and house remodeling taking up most of my time I have been absent from the blog for too long. Though luckily during all the remodeling I have been working on smaller projects too like DIY photography boards for my food photography. Plus, a list of recipes, including chili mac, that would look delicious here on the blog. It also helps if the family likes them.
Five people in one house can make it difficult to choose a recipe that everyone will try or enjoys. My oldest son does not like cheese. There is a few dishes that he will eat “certain” cheeses with like mozzarella.
On the other hand, my daughter eats cheese but is not the biggest fan. Below is one dish I have found that the entire family will eat that does not come straight from mixing boxed food with canned food.
Hearty meat, fresh spices, and comfort pasta make this dish so appeasing not only to adults but children too. Top it with cheese and onions for even more flavor. My son likes to add sour cream but I like mine with cheese and red onion. For extra heat the other half adds cayenne pepper over his after it is served.
Back to the DIY photography boards. Tell me these boards are not just super pretty? I just love playing with colors and leaving some natural. I am thinking about a post on how to make DIY photography boards with cheap acrylic paint, Elmer’s glue, and plywood. Just curious if any of my readers would be interesting in reading a detailed post about this?
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 12 oz box of small elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 large white onion; diced
- 2 California sweet red peppers; seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion; diced (optional for topping)
- Sharp cheese (optional for topping)
- Sour cream (optional for topping)
- In a medium pot, fill with water and add in salt with olive oil. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, add ground beef, white onion, and red peppers along with beef broth. Cook until meat is browned. Add in cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne pepper; stir well. Add in crushed tomatoes and turn down the heat to low. Bring the sauce to a slow, low boil and add in pasta. Do not let sauce burn, watch it closely! Stir in pasta lightly until covered with sauce and cook for about a minute allowing the sauce to soak into pasta.
- Serve topped with cheese, sour cream, and/or red onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 48g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/