Margherita pizza is one of my most favorite pizza’s. We decided to try our favorite pizza toppings on pasta. Margherita Pasta is creamy, cheesy dish with plenty of aroma from the basil and fresh tomatoes.
Pastas like this are great for days you need a little comfort food. Happiness does truly come from comfort food. A recipe that reminds you of a person or a meal you loved. I love foods that remind me of a special someone.
Margherita pasta reminds me of my favorite pizza. Additionally, it reminds me of making pasta meals with my grandmother. She was of Italian descent and it was pretty rad eating pasta with her.
Any pasta dish can easily be made gluten free. For this one just replace the pasta with gluten free pasta. I like the barilla or the gluten free pasta at Tim Thumb is just as tasty. Sometimes I make the sauce and make two pots of pasta.
One for the people that want regular pasta and one for the people who want gluten free pasta like myself. I do gluten free for medical reasons. This pasta dinner still rocks and it’s my way of having my favorite pizza but in a pasta instead!
- 2 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz parmesan cheese
- 6 roma tomatoes; chopped
- 1 white onion; chopped
- 1 box thin spaghetti
- 6 basil leaves; chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter half a stick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a dutch oven or deep skillet, place chopped onion, minced garlic, and three diced roma tomatoes into the pot. Top with one tablespoon olive oil. Saute on medium heat until onions are tender.
- Start the water for the pasta. Bring to a boil. Cook as directed on box.
- Add butter to the tomato mixture. Melt butter. Add heavy whipping cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until thickened. Add in parmesan and stir well until parmesan is melted.
- Drain pasta.
- Add in the remaining three diced roma tomatoes and basil to the pot. Salt, pepper, and stir. Add spaghetti and toss well. Serve with bread.