Instant Pot Tuscan Beef Stew is delightfully rich with stewed tomatoes, tender beef, and loads of vegetables. With the added garlic, fresh basil, and oregano this soup is the perfect aromatic comfort food.
Soups have to be one type of food that I love to experiment with. Honestly, if I owned a restaurant it would probably be all kinds of different soups you could order.
Cooking in the instant pot allows for the beef in this instant pot beef stew to cook in just 20 minutes. The meat comes out tender and you don’t have to stand over it like you would at a stove.
Sauté the beef and onion together. Searing the outside of the meat helps in rendering it tender in the cooking process. Do this by using the sauté button on normal heat.
Add the carrots and celery into the pot. Sauté for three minutes then it’s time to add the rest of the ingredients.
Add in the potatoes, stewed tomatoes, spices, and beef broth. Make sure the broth is to the fill line or add water. Place the lid on the pot and turn the valve to sealed position.
Hit the pressure cook button and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. What makes this stew different than a traditional beef stew. Firstly, it’s the addition of stewed tomatoes that add a chunky texture to the soup.
Secondly, it’s the herbs that are placed into the soup. For example, we replace the bay leaf that is in a traditional beef stew with oregano and basil to accommodate the Tuscan beef stew flavors.
Lastly, the chunky vegetables in the instant pot Tuscan beef stew make it a tad different than other beef stew recipes. The chunky vegetables are important to the way the broth turns out in the end.
Great Instant Pot Soups
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes
- 4 carrots; sliced
- 7 small red potatoes; quartered
- 4 stalks of celery; chopped
- 1 white onion; diced
- 48 oz. beef broth
- 3 sprigs of oregano
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In the instant pot, pour in the olive oil, diced onions, garlic, and beef stew meat. Set to sauté mode and sear the outside of the beef. Add celery and carrots. Sauté 3 minutes. Turn off sauté mode.
- Add in quartered potatoes and two cans of stewed tomatoes.
- Pour in beef broth. Add water if liquid does not meet the fill line.
- Top with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil leaves. Give it a good stir.
- Place lid on the instant pot. Close the valve and set to high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Serve with garlic bread. May also be topped with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1434mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 33g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/