Pork tenderloins seem to be all the rave in the instant pot groups. People asking how do I make them, what to put on it, and how long to cook the pork tenderloin in the instant pot. This Instant Pot Honey Turmeric Pork Tenderloin is super tasty and easily made in the instant pot in just 30 minutes.
Can I Cook It Frozen In The Instant Pot:
The answer is yes! The pork tenderloin can be cooked from the frozen state. My suggestion on timing is to cook it a bit longer at 35 to 40 minutes. For the slightly defrosted we did 30 minutes. It comes out tender and juicy. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Seasoning The Pork Tenderloin:
The key to seasoning a pork tenderloin in the instant pot is to add some seasoning while cooking then add more at the end of the cooking process. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides on the saute method in the instant pot. Turn that off and place in the trivet. You will want to deglaze the bottom of the pot first. Then coat it with the seasoning. If your doing a gravy you can just cook the tenderloin with light seasoning.
After the pork tenderloin is cooked you can add more seasoning or you can top it with a gravy. We like to do this honey turmeric over it as it adds nice flavor to the pork. The instant pot can easily dry out the pork so I would not suggest cooking it too long. However, cook times range on the size of the tenderloin. The larger tenderloins will need more time.
This tenderloin is the pre packaged ones at the store usually about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds nothing huge. You can get larger ones and those would have to be cut in half to fit into the pot. Those large tenderloins would have to be stacked on the trivet too. The smaller tenderloins are perfect for a family of four.
You can make plenty of side dishes in the instant pot to go along with this instant pot honey turmeric pork tenderloin. We like to pair it with instant pot corn on the cob and creamy macaroni salad. How you love the instant pot as much as we do. If so, you’ll love the pork recipe above.
Instant Pot Honey Turmeric Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place instant pot on saute mode. Add in olive oil. Place pork tenderloin into the pot and sear on all sides of the roast. Turn off saute mode.
- Remove roast and deglaze pot with 1 cup water. Add another cup of water and put trivet inside the pot. Place the tenderloin on the trivet.
- In a bowl, add honey, turmeric, soy sauce, and garlic. Stir well. Add salt and pepper. Stir well. Brush all sides of the tenderloin.
- Place lid on instant pot. Turn valve to sealed position. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release the pressure.
- Remove to cutting board and let sit 5 minutes then slice and serve.