Instant Pot Chili Con Carne
Do you love chili topped potatoes, frito pie, or chili fries? If so, this instant pot chili con carne is a must. Super simple to make and use to top potatoes or fritos with this chili con carne and some cheese.
Control The Heat In Chili Con Carne
I love this chili con carne! It’s so simple to make. I like it because it has so much flavor. Easy to control how spicy the chili will be. By adding more or less of the cayenne and chili powder will adjust to the appropriate heat.
This is an older recipe of mine that I converted to the instant pot. Check it out here for the stove top version where I topped it on frito pie. This instant pot chili con carne is great on burritos with cheese and with beans too.
I’ve use this to make chili fries, enchiladas, frito pie, and even to stuff baked potatoes. It’s easy to make both in the instant pot or on the stove top. Need it on the go. Make this chili and serve it up in a mason jar.
Additionally, this con carne can be made then reheated to put over walking tacos. What I love about this chili con carne recipe is that it is versatile. This recipe can even be used for chili cheese hot dogs or sliders for the big game.
Do I Need Water?
There is no need to drain the beef as that is what helps create the juicy meat. Yellow or white onion can be used but if your going to top with onion use red onions. The beef broth will replace the water in the recipe.
Another reason to make this in the instant pot is for easy storage to add to a meal later. I like to use the plastic lid. I pull the insert out, add the lid, and then place in the fridge. Later, I pull out the chili and reheat on keep warm.
Instant Pot Chili Con Carne
Ground beef with spice simmered in the instant pot for chili con carne.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 white or yellow onion; diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce; see recipe for details
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth; optional - see recipe
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add olive oil and onion to instant pot insert. Turn on saute mode. Place in ground beef and fry until browned. If you do not have a lot of juice from the meat then you can add one cup beef broth. Add in 1 cup tomato sauce. If the beef sauce isn't red then add a half cup more.
- Add in cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir well. Taste it and if you want more spice add more cayenne. Add in salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Serve over fritos, potatoes, or anything your heart desires.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/