If I am not in my bed watching Love Actually I am either attending a party where I have to make an appetizer or I am throwing a party. In which, if I am throwing the party I will definitely be making an appetizer or two and generally something good to drink or dessert on. Stuffed Wontons are a great appetizer when it comes to the holiday. A fabulous way to use the extra boxes of Kraft Stove Top stuffing in your pantry.
I always have several boxes as we like to eat it year round. We gobble it down with pork, turkey, and duck. Sometimes you want the stuffing without meat. To get my stuffing fix I make these Stuffed Wontons for appetizers.
They can be put together incredibly fast and simply bake or fry them up when people are on their way. You can even fry this in advance and then reheat if need be. I just swing by Walmart and grab the stuffing, mushrooms, and wontons to keep on hand when needed.
At parties and at home these Stuffed Wontons disappear so fast! I have to say it’s nice on the pocket book too. Not much goes into these that you basically use only one box of the Stove Top Stuffing, wontons, and one mushroom. You can’t be that. It’s an easy way to save during the holidays when planning a party. I like to fry them ahead and then just bake to crisp them up before the party.
Here is a video to show you how to fold and fry them. Stuffed Wontons Video.
- 1 box Stove Top Savory Herbs Stuffing
- 1 white mushroom; diced
- Oil for frying
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can cranberry sauce or homemade
- In a cast iron skillet, put about 2 cups oil and put to low heat. Let the oil heat up as you are cooking the stuffing.
- In another small pot, add in water, one mushroom diced, and margarine as directed on the package. Cook per package directions.
- Pull out wonton wrapper and put half a tablespoon of stuff in it. Fold and then fry for about 20 seconds each side. They will cook fast. Just flip them with a spider and be careful not to burn yourself.
- Drain on napkin. Serve with cranberry sauce or gravy for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/