Do you ever think soups are just for winter time? I know so many that say it’s too hot for soup. You know though I just love summer soups! I like to cuddle up, put on a TV series marathon, and make a 30 minute soup. Summer Tuscan soup is my comfort food and so tasty with rich tomatoes. It’s like good fuel for my body.
Especially when I have plenty of work and then all the on the go with the family it really helps to refuel my body from all the running. It’s my way of just breaking down and saying it’s me time. At least my family really loves summer soups too.
My husband is all about soups! This Summer Tuscan Soup does the trick with all the yummy vegetables and Swanson chicken broth.
love being able to put together like a 30 minute summer soup and salad for dinner. Not much cooking along with the easy of a few ingredients into a pot. Do you have a summer soup you dig?
I love to put croutons in my soup. It’s like this neat little topping. Makes me feel super special during my downtime. But enough about me and my summer soups.
I’d love to hear about how you use chicken broth in your summer recipes? If you have a recipe and have a link to it please do post it in the comments below! Summer Tuscan Soup is my favorite recipe to use a good chicken broth in and I love the tomatoes and all the vegetables in this summer soup.
I also just use rotisserie chicken which totally cuts down on the time to make this soup. So without further ado here is the recipe!
- 2 carrots; diced
- 3 celery; diced
- 1 zucchini; diced
- 3 cloves of garlic; chopped
- 1 yellow onion; diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 container 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup of small shell pasta
- In a large pot or deep saute pan, add in diced carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, and garlic. Top with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken and chicken broth. Stir well and lower heat.
- Add in stewed tomatoes and stir well. Add in salt and pepper.
- Boil about ½ cup of pasta shells as directed on box. Drain.
- Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes on the lowest heat. Stir in pasta.
- Serve with croutons as a topping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1579mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 21g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/