My son always challenges me for his birthday to create a new cupcake with a liquor flavor and no alcohol in it. I have a feeling this will change on his 21st. Until then I get to be creative. This year he asked for a Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes with a cream cheese icing.
Here you can see his birthday blow out and display of my cool chalkboard wall and the strawberry daiquiri cupcakes. We made these as a special birthday cupcake. The strawberries with the cake flour make these cupcakes super soft.
And here is a picture of the cupcakes with out the top ice cream cake. I really love this recipe for strawberry cake as it uses cake flour. There is just something about cake flour that makes all the difference in a soft moist cake over boxed cake mixes.
I mean I use those too when I don’t have time but when it comes down to it I like to use cake flour. The real strawberries in the icing add the perfect flavor and are a definite must when making these cupcakes.
For bright liners I usually double them so that way the oils don’t soak through. I also look for liners that are foil if it matches the theme. Foil liners can also be placed inside the other liners.
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- ¾ cups strawberry puree (make with fresh strawberries in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 8 oz of Philly cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon of coconut extract
- ½ cup strawberry puree (make with fresh strawberries in a food processor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, strawberry puree, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the butter one piece at a time, mixing until the dough comes together and looks sandy.
- Add about half of the egg mixture and mix on low. Then add the other half of the mixer slowly as it is mixing on low.
- Fill cupcake pan using a ice cream scoop for even cupcakes. These do not rise as much so make sure to fill almost to top of liner. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 1 to 2 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Add the coconut extract and strawberry puree. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Keep adding until you get to desired sweetness and thickness.
- Fill into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes.
- Garnish with strawberries sliced in half.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 1gSugar: 66gProtein: 5g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/