Lemon Ginger Chicken
Do you ever look for that super simple and oh so healthy dinner. This is the one! This Lemon Ginger Chicken is so simple but yet the flavors are complex. The dish is one that can be made virtually in say oh 30 minutes.
You don’t even have to thaw out the chicken. I like to slice it froze to get the perfect slices then saute it until cooked. Then add the sauce and on low heat cook for a bit longer. The slices come out so unbelievable thin that they cook pretty fast.
Generally when making a dish like this the first thing I do is start the rice. I will move on to the sauce and set it aside then on to the chicken and vegetables. This is a wonderful summer dish because of the citrus flavors.
I like to pair with Jasmine rice with the lemon ginger chicken do to the aromatics of the nutty flavor. It just pairs well! I decided to make a short video tutorial to show you a few steps in making this budget friendly dish.
Is anyone else happy that school is almost out for summer? I know I am but we only get the weekend then my daughter has color guard camp. At least after that we get a few weeks off to lay out by the pool, complete a summer bucket list, and make DIY projects for my upcoming wedding in October. I’d love to know what you have planned for the summer.
Do you have a bucket list? What are some of the items you plan to do on it? If you don’t have a bucket list do you at least have some specific summer plans? Vacations or just hanging around town having fun? Leave me a comment below of your summer travels or fun. I would love to hear all about it. Now on to the recipe!
LEMON GINGER CHICKEN
Chicken sauteed and cooked in a honey, lemon, and ginger sauce.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons; juiced and zested
- 1 bundle of spring onions; chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves fresh grated garlic
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Take frozen chicken and slice it in to thin strips horizontally not vertically. Place a saute pan on high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute chicken until it is thoroughly cooked and a bit crispy on the edges.
- While chicken is cooking, in a large measuring cup, add in lemon juice, lemon zest, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, and chicken broth. Stir well. Add in cornstarch and whisk with mini whisk or fork.
- Once chicken is browned, lower the heat and pour mixture over chicken. Simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes until sauce has thickened over the chicken like a gravy or glaze. Remove from heat.
- Toss chicken with spring onions, salt, and pepper. Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 725mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 14g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/
This sounds so flavorful! We got out of school yesterday. hoorah!