Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
Instant pot Salisbury steak is a easy weeknight dinner that we love to make. You know tonight I noticed when cooking I still do a good luck trick, that my grandmother taught me, that we always did when cooking. The extra salt you throw it over your shoulder into the sink.
I never used measuring spoons until I started this blog; just in order to make sure I could give the exact amounts of what was needed for each recipe. Some days I just love to cook but then their is some days that dinner needs to be delicious but easy to make. Especially when work becomes hectic. This instant pot salisbury steak is perfect because it comes together quickly.
It also cooks quickly in your pressure cooker or instant pot. These are virtually the same thing just some have more settings then others. My pressure cooker has the saute button which comes in really handy. Especially when needing to make a gravy but still wanting to use just one pot.
When I make this instant pot Salisbury steak I like to pull the steaks out then set the pressure cooker to saute and make the gravy. This is of course after cooking the steaks with mushroom, onions, and broth.
I love that you thicken the gravy in the end so you can really use less cornstarch or more depending on how thick you like to have your gravy. I created a video because I thought it might help make this a little easier to see visually what I am doing when I make this dish.
Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- 6 cubed steaks
- 2 packages of brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a instant pot or pressure cooker, add in onions and mushrooms. Pour in two cups of beef broth.
- Whisk 1/2 cup beef broth with two packages of gravy mix. Pour into the pressure cooker. Place cubed steaks into the broth under the mushrooms.
- Close pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure. Once the pressure is released open and set to saute. Mix cornstarch and water until it's a paste then pour in and cook until desired thickness.
- Serve with potatoes, rice, or vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 1231mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/
What would you recommend substituting the mushrooms with or you I just omit them? I’m allergic 🙁
I’d say just leave them out. Would still be delicious without it!
Made this tonight with no modifications turned out so wonderful. Came together very easily quick weeknight dinner sooo delicious Thank You Jenne
Thank you Karen! So glad you enjoyed it!
This looks so good I need to try it! I love instant pot meals.