Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken
I love doing take out on the stove. Sometimes I don’t have an hour to cook it all. Hence, insert instant pot and cut that time into a third. Additionally, the instant pot makes it easy and allows a recipe like this Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken to stay warm for everyone through out the evening.
Furthermore, just last night when I made this recipe for the family I posted the recipe on my snapchat. My daughter sent me a reply to my snap with a “Is there more of that at home?” She was at color guard practice. Hence that inspired me to think up a few more recipes similar to this that I already make but usually on the stove.
Furthermore, Chinese or Asian style recipes would probably be one of my favorite things to cook. Rather then there would be Czech food which I adore too. Additionally, my thoughts have danced around the idea of doing Czech dishes in the instant pot/pressure cooker. After all the reason I think that they would work is how tender the meat should be.
Instant Pot Meat Tenderness
As a result that doesn’t always mean it would work though. Sometimes things like gulas slow cook over several hours to come out with the flavors it does. Hence I am not sure the same can be replicated in the instant pot.
After all, I guess that means it’s time to give it a try. Hence, just like this Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken I believe that the chicken is great but does come apart easily rather than the chunks you might be used when getting traditional take out.
Regardless, it’s super tender and just as tasty as when I do it on the stove. As a result the chicken comes out a lot more tender in the instant pot over the stove version.
Therefore I guess sometime I will have to post the stove top version for those of you that haven’t taken the instant pot/pressure cooker plunge yet. Additionally, if you need a good rice recipe for the instant pot try this one – perfect instant pot rice.
Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken
- 3 zucchini; sliced in quarters
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast strips; cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers; diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup raw peanuts
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce ( you can use light if needed)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 whole chili peppers; optional
- In the instant pot, add in chicken with water, salt and pepper. Lock instant pot in place and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural pressure release.
- Cut red peppers and zucchini. Turn instant pot on saute mode. Add red peppers and zucchini to the pot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until zucchini and red peppers are tender but still a tad crisp.
- Add in raw peanuts and stir well.
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, raw honey, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large liquid measuring cup. Whisk well. Add in crush red pepper. Whisk well.
- Fold in sauce over chicken in the instant pot. Cook 1 to 2 minutes and set heat to keep warm.
- Add whole chili peppers for look if needed.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1538mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 30g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/