Last week it was freezing which is why we did this pot of Instant Pot Chili with Cornbread Waffles. This week it’s between 60 and 70 and sunny. Which means I might just have to start on some of my spring instant pot recipes this week. Anything special you would like to see? I love recommendations or challenges.
Additionally, I have heard all this hype about instant pot being a trend lately. However, I have to say that pressure cooking has always been around. The instant pot itself has easily buttons on the front and I think that is what it makes it so trendy.
However, I prefer the Cuisinart with the non stick insert. Hence the stainless steel inserts just wouldn’t fair well with me.
Furthermore, getting the chance to mention this I think is vital to how I make my recipes. However, not every single recipe we make comes here to the blog. Sometimes it’s just a quick something for dinner or soup for someone who isn’t feeling well.
Therefore that’s where my pressure cooker comes in so handy! Hence just throw the ingredients into the pot and walk away. Therefore it’s done in 30 minutes tops (not roast). Slow cookers take too long for me.
My pressure cooker has the setting for keep warm. Additionally we leave it on that all evening so people can eat at the times it fits for them.
Secondly, the reason I love the pressure cooker so much is simply because it can cook stew meat in a matter of 20 minutes to the point where it’s tender. That’s a winner in my book. Things like beef stew and carnitas take far less time to make without losing any flavor.
Also, I love that you can easily use the saute mode for things like zucchini. You can easy cook them in about 5 minutes too. Truly, I just like that there is more options. Even browning setting for browning a roast before putting it under pressure.
- 1 lb stew beef
- 1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 25 oz cans chili beans
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white or yellow onion; chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 box jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 stalks spring onions; chopped
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Set instant pot/ pressure cooker to saute mode. Add the beef and onions. Saute until browned. Add in beef broth, mustard, and spices. Stir well and set the pressure cooker to 20 minutes on high pressure. Let pressure release naturally.
- Set to saute mode. Pour in tomato sauce and chili beans. Stir well. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Warm up waffle maker.
- Mix cornbread and two eggs. Slowly add in milk until you get a batter that is not thick but not to thin. The consistency needs to be thick enough not to run but thin enough to cook.
- Add in onions and cheese. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until waffle is lightly brown on the outside.
Serve topped with diced red onion and sharp cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 2824mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 13gSugar: 18gProtein: 46g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/