Pasta is easy for weeknight dinners and food for a crowd. Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Cavatappi will feed six plus people. This creamy pasta dinner dish is done in under thirty minutes using rotisserie chicken.
Rotisserie Chicken or Regular:
For this creamy cavatappi we didn’t use regular chicken however you can. Just precook the chicken however you’d like then add it to the recipe where it calls for the rotisserie chicken.
Frozen Versus Fresh Vegetables:
For this pasta recipe we used frozen vegetables although fresh vegetables can be used. Just cut up the fresh vegetables and saute them until tender. To make this dinner an easy week night meal the frozen vegetables keep the cook time down.
The sauce doesn’t come from a can. Using cornstarch, butter, and heavy cream with chicken stock makes this roux and the sauce that will coat the vegetables and pasta. The key to this sauce is letting cook til it coats the back of a spoon.
Once the sauce coats the back of the spoon it’s time to add in the frozen vegetables. The vegetables don’t have to cook long they just need to come to temperature. Once they come to temp they will add sweetness to the cavatappi.
Finishing The Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Pasta:
After adding the vegetables add in the shredded rotisserie chicken. Toss the sauce around both the vegetables and the chicken. After add the drain pasta to the sauce with the chicken and vegetables.
Once it’s done I like to top it with black pepper. However, my son likes to top it with bread crumbs, He likes the extra crunch the bread crumbs give, Even nice chopped parsley on top can add color and flavor. We love this Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Cavatappi. Try this Margherita Pasta too!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (thickener so use what you like to thicken)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or you can use any precooked chicken)
- 1 - 16 oz package cavatappi pasta
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil pasta as directed on package.
- Shred chicken from the rotissere chicken. Set Aside.
- In a saute pan, add in butter, garlic, and turn to medium heat. Mix a little cornstarch with the broth to make a slurry. Add broth and slurry to the pot and whisk. After whisking stir in the heavy cream. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to low.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon add in the chicken. Next stir in the vegetables. Add salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss in the sauce with vegetables and chicken. Top off with more fresh cracked black pepper.
You may top the pasta with parsley or bread crumbs for extra color and flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 892mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/