Sometimes it’s good not to feel good. I know that sounds odd but today it worked out just perfectly. I wanted to get V and Menya in the kitchen together. This usually means something they will both eat. That would mean chocolate, peanut butter with powdered sugar accompanied with Quaker® Life cereal. If only V liked peppermint then it would be all over. Today they made Comet Crunch together. Comet is my daughter’s favorite reindeer so she named the recipe.
This recipe takes all of five minutes. It is super simple. For the recipe, I was able to get all of the ingredients at Walmart! All you need is Quaker® Life cereal with chocolate, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. To be honest, all of these are normally in my pantry this time of year.
You never know when you are going to need to make a cute foodie gift for friends or something for a class party. Just pour your cereal into a large bowl and in a smaller bowl your other ingredients.
No oven is needed for this recipe only a microwave which makes this simple enough for your teenager to make for their school friends.
Our holiday tradition is to make new goodies for people to try because it’s not all about what you buy at a store it’s about the handmade love that goes into the gift. We’ve made so many things over the years but I think this is one of the funniest recipes to make for friends.
We have a few other traditions like watching movies or eating spaghetti dinner on Christmas. Now I have shared my holiday traditions with you; I’d love to hear about yours! Leave a comment sharing your family traditions below.
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 7 cups Quaker Life cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 mini candy canes; crushed
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 1 plastic ziplock bag or brown paper bag
- In a large bowl, measure off 7 cups of the cereal.
- In a small bowl, add in chocolate, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes, stirring at one minute until mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour mixture over cereal and fold the mixture in to cover the cereal without breaking. Be gentle.
- In a plastic ziplock bag or brown paper bag place cereal and powdered sugar. Give is a good few shakes until all the cereal is covered. If you need more sugar add some.
- Toss in crushed candy canes and give it a good shake again. Place on parchment paper to dry.
You may package these in decorated plastic bags for handing out at holiday parties or gifts for friends.