As many of you may know this last week was Teacher Appreciation week. Now, I normally don’t buy into the teacher appreciation idea but with the new school my boys are going to I appreciate that there is some really great teachers at that school. To share the goodies with everyone I made some Blackberry Lime cupcakes.
After hours of looking online for inspiration and being picky about wanting something that would fit the seasonal bill I had an epiphany. Why not combine the two?
At first, a Strawberry Lemon cupcake cake was on my list but it is so traditional and I just wanted to get away from the usual. Sorry for the frozen pictures but these photos were snapped on the way out the door at 8AM after the cupcakes had been the freeze all night.
Blackberry Lime Cupcakes
Blackberry Lime cupcakes with a bit of frost. These are just great for potlucks or parties. Even tea dates with friends as well. Make them ahead as they are better cold.
On another subject, I have a question for my readers. My grandmother loves bingo but with her not being able to move around quite as well as she use to, it is impossible to take her to the bingo hall.
I have been searching online at sites where you can add a little money in and play bingo and win prizes. Does anyone have any suggestions about these sites?
Do you play? I am thinking about setting her up on one and putting money in for her to play. Might be a great Christmas present. Your feedback is welcome!
- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage)
- 3 eggs; room temperature
- Juice and zest of two limes
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound (4 cups) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons seedless blackberry jam
- FOR GARNISH
- 1 to 2 limes; cut into slices
- 1 package fresh blackberries; washed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard muffin/cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add butter, Greek yogurt, egg and lime zest and juice; beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and mix for another 10 seconds.
- Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared cupcake tin using a small ice cream scoop. Bake until cupcake tops are a pale gold; about 22 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from tin and transfer to wire rack; cool cupcakes to room temperature before frosting.
- With an electric stand mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy, for 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, and then add the blackberry jam, and mix until smooth and combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Fill piping bag fitted with a 2D tip. Frost top of cupcake. Garnish with a slice of lime and a blackberry on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 6g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/