Grilling season is here! I am so excited! These bacon and bourbon chicken kebabs were delicious made from bits of bacon, BBQ sauce and spices that merry well together.
Grilling season is really fun because it brings people together. Grilling allows for summer fun but also potlucks were everyone grills something different. The summer season brings a plethora of side dishes. Its just a foodie experience that I totally enjoy. Do you enjoy grilling season?
There is nothing more enticing then grilling with bacon and allowing the flames lick the sauce. It puts a wondrous crunch on the grilled chicken. Probably one of the reason I love to grill so much. Chicken on the grill should always have a good sauce on it too. Are you a dry rub or wet sauce fan?
Next time I make the bacon and bourbon chicken kebabs I plan to add red onion to them. I just love the sweetness of the red onion once it’s been grilled. Do you have a favorite meat or veggie to skewer and grill? We love to grill pineapple!
Metal Skewers for Kebabs:
When making the skewers for these bourbon kebabs the meat skewers are the best. You don’t have to worry about soaking the skewers ahead like you do with wood skewers. The metal skewers can be reused which is much more environmentally friendly.
When we make kebabs on the grill we like to pair it with some pasta salads. Either creamy macaroni or Mediterranean pasta salad goes perfectly with these bacon glazed chicken kebabs. Additionally, we will use the instant pot to make corn on the cob since it cooks in about 3 minutes.
Side Dishes For Bacon and Bourbon Chicken Kebabs:
- 1 package of chicken tenders; 1.5 lbs, ½ inch cubes
- 4 strips of bacon; non cooked, cubed
- 2 mini bottles of bourbon; Jim Beam Honey Bourbon
- ½ cup barbecue sauce; your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- Cut chicken into cubes and align them on the skewers. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add in bacon, barbecue sauce and bourbon. Blend on high. Add in garlic, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Blend well. Add in salt and pepper. Blend lightly and pour into a jar.
- Add skewers to a preheated grill about 300 degrees F. Add sauce to with brush to the chicken. Every ten minutes rotate and cover well with sauce. Once the chicken starts to blacken and sauce is thick your skewers are just about done. Test one piece on the end to make sure chicken is cooked well and juicy. About 40 minutes rotating each 10 minutes.
Serves well with grilled pineapple or grilled peaches.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1634mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 24g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/