Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Do you find yourself still looking for side dishes to wow your family and friends taste buds? If so, I would like to share with you my Roasted Garlic and Chives Mashed Potatoes. This is one of the 10 Last Minute Thanksgiving Side Dishes that I would like to share with you.
About a month ago, my husband and I tried a new restaurant that we both feel in love with. I have some of their roasted garlic mashed potatoes and it was this challenge to replicate something close to them at home.
That and I think my craving for mashed potatoes had something to do with the fact that I knew Thanksgiving is on it’s way. Mashed potatoes and rolls are the killer side dish for me at Thanksgiving. Do you have a killer side dish?
How about a few other side dishes to rock your Thanksgiving. These are simple enough for you to grab up the ingredients tonight on the ride home and put together. Gluten free options and clean options are available through out the list. This is an extra good one for those vegetarians on your list. My zesty green salad here on my blog.
Visit these 9 other great recipes from my fellow bloggers. Don’t forget to stop below for my recipe for the Roasted Garlic and Chive Mashed Potatoes.
Cincy Shopper – Cranberry Apple Walnut Stuffing
Connoisseurus Veg – Cider Tahini Slaw
Home Cooking Memories – Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Apples Cranberries
Peas and Crayons – Sausage Garlic Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
Femme Fraiche – Cranberry Clementine Conserve
The Parent Spot – Easy Acorn Squash with Cranberries and Apples
The Blue House Blog – Thanksgiving Goodness Cranberry Apple Crisp
Little Family Adventure – Roasted Butternut Squash Farro Salad
Simply Caribbean – Cabbage Bell Pepper Medley
- 7 red skin potatoes; cubed
- 2 whole garlic
- 1 bundle of spring onions; chives reserved
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cut the tops off of the garlic exposing the cloves. Drizzle with oil and wrap in foil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Dice potatoes into cubes and place in a pot of water. Turn to medium heat and boil until potatoes are tender. Strain and set aside.
- Chop chives off the spring onions and place in a large bowl with potatoes. Press roasted garlic into the potato mixture. Blend in butter and milk until it is the texture you prefer. Add salt and pepper. Blend and taste.
- Add more salt, pepper, or butter if needed. Serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/